Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Finally Finished!




This room started as a nightmare (as it was painted Aqua blue and had half-finished hand-painted dinosaurs and scenery all over the walls) and ended as a cute nursery for our baby-on-the-way. Thanks to mom! We spent many weekends and weekdays on it. But after sanding the walls down, 2 coats of primer, and 2 coats of this cute lime green paint which I love, it's finally nursery-worthy. We got all of the furniture from IKEA, which I was surprised to find there since I'm not too crazy about their furniture styles usually, and my mom and I (well, mostly my mom) made the bumper pads, curtains, and blanket in the crib. So much fun and I can't wait to use it! Thanks so much mom!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay! It looks so cute, and all fit the way you wanted! Mom is the best. So talented at everything! Now we just need the baby. Maybe if you just start pushing he will come :)

McNett Family Blog said...

So cute! I miss you at work, it's just not the same without you. So, if everything works out with Avery's birth parents we should have a boy by April 4th. Wish us luck! Good luck to you too and let me know when your little guys arrives!

Chantel said...

Your baby's room is H*O*T!!! I love the colors and the stripes. Can't wait to see little Dax modeling the new digs for us all!! (I'm wishing you an early delivery too!)

lacieinthesky said...

I have that same chair...and I totally love it. It's awesome that it swivels, so that when you're nursing, you can turn around and get a drink. For some reason, as soon as I sit down to nurse (especially at first) I would be so thirsty! The room is darling!