Friday, May 23, 2008

Celebrating 2 Years!



















For our anniversary this year I surprised Greg and planned a trip. He's always wanted to ride a train, so the night before our trip I gave him a few gifts to tell what it was we were doing. He was so excited when he found out we'd be riding on a train. He also got excited and couldn't wait to give me the gifts he had gotten for me. A Willow Tree figurine of a dad and a mom holding a baby, and some diamond stud earrings. What a sweetheart! We left the station in SLC at 4:30am on Sunday the 18th and arrived in Grand Junction Colorado around 11:00am. The train was so much fun! I'd rather ride a train than drive or fly! There's so much room, the seats recline back and have a footrest that pops up, there's a dining car that you can go seat and eat a meal in (it's like a little restaurant), and you're free to be up and about the entire trip. Also the conductor gets on the intercom every now and then throughout the trip to tell interesting things about places as you're passing them. And the scenery is beautiful! When we arrived in Grand Junction, we took a taxi to Holiday Inn where we would be staying and checked in (luckily we got to check in early). Then we walked a block to the Mesa Mall which is a very large mall, and looked around. Then it was back to the hotel for a nap...man were we tired from being up so early that day. We got up just in time for dinner and went across the street to the Black Bear Diner and had a very yummy steak dinner! Then it was back to the hotel to watch movies on TV and crash again. The next morning (our Anniversary!) we slept in (my first night without a baby since being a mom! It was WONDERFUL!) and then had their continental breakfast. We went back to our room and got out "duds" on (as Dad would say) and took a taxi to Rim Rock Adventures and went kayaking down the Colorado River. So much fun! We even got to go through a few small rapids. It took about 2hrs and we were the only ones on the river (that we could see). The weather was gorgeous too! Afterward we took the taxi back to the hotel, got cleaned up, and went over to Red Lobster for dinner (I just love their coconut shrimp!). Afterward we cruised around Barnes and Noble while waiting for our movie to start and we went and saw "Made of Honor." We got out of the movie late and walked back to the hotel...I love summer nights! The next day we got things packed up again, checked out, and then walked over to the movie theatre again and watched "Iron Man." Greg and I had made a deal that if he went to the chick flick with me the night before, I'd go see this with him. And it turned out to be really good! Then we took a taxi to the train station and rode home on the train leaving about 4:00pm and arrived in SLC at 10:30pm. What a great vacation and it was so nice to have a break from everyday life and be able to be along. Thanks so much Mom for watching Dax!!! I know you were pretty worn out, but I so appreciated it! I owe you! I love you lots!

P.S. This stupid blogger always puts the pictures in the wrong order and I can't figure out how to move them...appologies!

Happy Anniversary Greg! I love you to pieces and am so grateful for all you do for me and our family. You are a wonderful husband and father and I look forward to many more wonderful years to come. XOXO!

8 comments:

michellecluff said...

Wow! What a fun trip!! It's always nice to get out together and be a "couple" again isn't it? Just like dating all over again, only better!!!

Sarah said...

You guys are so cute! What a fun trip. I too have always wanted to ride a train. You just got me even more excited to do so. I told Cody that when he graduates we need to go somewhere by train. And without Lexi. Was is hard being without Dax? That's nice you have family around who you trust and are willing to watch him for you.

Britney said...

Yes it was so nice to be alone! I did miss Dax, but I completely trust my mom and she's so good with him :)

Courtney said...

Sounds like a blast! And I loved spending the time with Dax while you were gone! By the way, I know how to put the pics in order. It took me a minute to figure it out too. I'll have to show you sometime.

Merrells said...

What a fun trip! I have always loved the ideas you come up with. I told Jake we'll have to take a train sometime...you may have started a trend!

nana said...

Love reading your trip report. Even more, I loved that you trusted me with your precious little one. I know I said that I don't think I could watch little ones if they aren't sleeping through the night but the truth is, I'd do it again!! Love and miss that little sweetie.

brynn said...

So fun!

shereesa said...

Wow you have already been married two years, it just flies by doesn't it? Well now that my baby is a bit older I will need to give you a call to hang out. Dax is looking adorable by the way!