Sunday, November 9, 2008

Baja Mexico Cruise (Nov 9-16)


Last February just after Dax was born, Greg surprised me with a cruise. He didn't book the date so that we could plan it together, so we decided to plan it when the weather would be cold and Dax would be old enough to leave with someone. And by then we figured it would be a much needed break from everyday life and a baby. On Nov 9th we dropped Dax off at my parents' and then my mom drove us to the airport. We arrived in Burbank that morning and Greg's friend Mike drove an hour and a half to pick us up and take us to their house where we would spend the night. (Thanks so much to Mike and Moka for the awesome hosts they are! We appreciate you guys driving us around, entertaining us, and giving us a place to sleep before we left on the cruise and when we got back. You guys are great!) Monday afternoon we rode the train to San Diego where we boarded the ship Carnival Elation for the Baja Mexico cruise. A shorter cruise, and because of this apparently, a smaller boat too. There were some disappointments throughout the trip and with this being our first cruise we didn't know what to expect. But all in all it was a nice getaway, nice vacation with each other, and SO NICE TO SLEEP IN!! We were so tired the whole trip. We'd go to bed early almost every night and sleep in the next morning.

The ocean was beautiful that night! This was our first night there.


Being silly while eating breakfast and ready to go lay out.




Greg entered himself into a volleyball competition and his team ended up being the champions! The ship was so sweet to award them all with a plastic, gold, trophie.



Our first stop...Cabo San Lucas. Above is a picture of Chileno Bay. We went snorkeling off of "Lover's Beach" there. It was by far my favorite part of the trip. So many cool and colorful fish! I had never snorkeled before so I was a little nervous, but once I calmed down and realized you just have to stay on your belly, I did fine. I wanna go again so bad!
Getting ready to get back on the cruise ship after a long day.


This is on the top floor of the boat looking down.



Escargo. Greg tried it at dinner one night. I personally don't know how he stomached that. I about threw up with one bite!


Mmm...Pina Colada (virgin of course).

Next stop, Ensenada.


We did lots of shopping and found some great stuff! I got some cute purses while Greg looked for some cool ceramic wall hangings of Mayan Gods and was able to get several for a great deal.





Home again, home again, jiggety jig (well, back with Mike and Moka anyway)
That last day we went to Mak's soccer game (good playin' girly!) then later we rode on a ferry over to Balboa and laughed the night away!! We went for sushi for dinner, then went across the pier for milkshakes and about got kicked out because heaven forbid we should laugh and have a good time at a diner when nobody else was even there. Then we went to see the new James Bond movie. I fell asleep! I was so upset! I'm so not a night person anymore...so we'll have to rent it when it comes out on DVD. Mike and Moka, thanks again! You guys are the BEST! We had so much fun with you and can't wait to visit again. We love you guys!
A BIG thanks to Mom and Dad and Greg's parents and family for watching and caring for Dax. He didn't wanna come home with us! He'd just scream at us when we went to pick him up or would try to hold him. But I don't blame him, I'd scream at us too if I got left for over a week! And thanks to Jason for watching and taking care of Tucker. We love you, family, and are so grateful for all your love, help, and support. It sure was good get home, though.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like a good time! I'm so jealous!

Merrells said...

Wow, you guys have been busy! Looks like fun!

Kara said...

How Fun! Looks like you had a blast. I love the pictures. How would it be to go on a cruise? awesome!

michellecluff said...

So for some reason my computer never tell ms when you update your blog like it does for others so I just assume that you don't, even when you do. So I realized I hadn't had my Britney fix for a while so came to check it out, and low and behold, you've been so busy doing super fun things!!! I'm so happy you guys went on a cruise!! We're actually doing the same one next week and you just got me even more excited!!! I'll maybe call you later this week to figure out the things we need to do... Love your hair by the way. You are beautiful and I miss you!! Hello! Can we play?? I swear we don't even live that far away!!!

Courtney said...

Sounds like so much fun. I've decided cruises would be more fun with more people. We should all go together. It would be much funner! Or even an all inclusive resort. I could use a good vacation about now!