Sunday, March 22, 2009

Packing Up and Moving Out...

"...It's time to move to a brand new house. Packing up and Moving out!" Or so the song goes on one of the "Strawberry Shortcake" cartoons I remember watching as a kid. But it's true, we are packing up and moving out. To California we go. After a long week of decision-making, fasting and prayer we've decided that this is what we need to do and where we need to be. Greg's friend in Cali is opening another division in his company and called last week and offered Greg a job that has a lot of potential and room to expand. They've offered to let us stay in their mother-in-law apartment until we are settled and able to find and afford a place of our own. We'll be here until the end of April so that Greg can finish up his semester at school, which will give us some time cause we've got SO much to do! It's definitely going to be hard leaving behind our family, close friends, house, and Tucker dog (we'll have to sell him and it'll be hard seeing him go after the year and a half he's spent with us. He's such a good dog! Check him out on KSL if you're interested) not to mention what a HUGE change it will be! We feel like it will be a fresh new start for us though, and now is the best time for us to make such a big move rather than later. We definitely didn't think we'd be leaving this house so soon, but realize we have to do what is best for our family and also what the Lord wants us to do.
We will miss you all so much, but wish you all the best.

We love you!

Wish us luck...

20 comments:

Lost in this Moment said...

NO! This is the saddest news I have heard since I found out bigfoot was just a myth! We will miss you guys!

Katie said...

This makes me so sad, but at the same time so happy for you guys. Where will you be in California? I want to hear more about it the next time we get together!

Liz said...

Best of luck to you guys!! Makes me sad that you have to leave Tucker behind, that is hard. Enjoy your new adventure!

Sarah said...

Man, talk about a turning fork in your life. Crazy! But doesn't it make things a lot easier knowing that you are doing what's right and the Lord is on your side?!
Im secretly excited your coming to Cali. We just moved here officially a week ago.
Where in CA are you moving to??
And seriously, Good Luck!!

We Rock Well said...

WHAT?! I can't believe you're leaving!! I'm so very sad, but yes also excited - you've got more guts than I'll ever have. I wish you the best of luck and hope I get to see you here and there at least. Good luck!!

Courtney said...

I think I'm still in denial! I am sooooooooo sad!!! What are we going to do without you! But I totally understand if it's what you gotta do. We will miss you terribly. Hope all goes well with getting a renter and a good home for Tucker. I love you guys!!!

nana said...

:(....

Chantel said...

Wooooooo Hooooo!!!! Oh the beach days we'll have this summer!! I'm so excited to finally have some family around! Let us know how we can help.

The Dimond's You Love said...

That is so awesome and crazy!!!! I am sad my CTMH pretend sis-in-law is leaving, but I know you are going to be happy and have a great life living right under the beach and sun! =) Love you!!!! I want details at the next scrappin class!!!! =)

D- H - M Welch said...

wha????u better call me i'm gonna kick your butt!

michellecluff said...

you just want to be like us, don't you! hooray for the unplanned... isn't it fun???
Can we play before you go? PLEASE!?

Kara said...

Wow! California? At least you will have some family there :) Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you!

McNett Family Blog said...

I'm SO jealous. You know how much I loved living in California. What part of California? Good luck to you guys.

Britney said...

Thanks everyone for all your best wishes and support. Many of you have asked what part...Laguna Beach. The beach is a block away! I'm so excited!

Merrells said...

Brit I can't believe this! What a fun opportunity! We need to schedule a get-together before you go (although now your time is going to be very tight!). Maybe that party that I was supposed to host will finally come about... Let me know if you can.

Tyson and Jenn Hansen said...

Best of luck with your move! Hopefully you'll find what you are looking for.

Jake and Denae said...

Take us with you!!

Brooke said...

I'm so sad. So happy for a new adventure for you, but still sad!

The Allen Family said...

Everyone can stop being so sad! We will take such good care of this little family and the Laguna Beach Ward is so excited to have another little family in our tiny little building! We could not be more excited to have you living in the beautiful OC with us and share our ward family with you! Hopefully you won't be called to nursery to soon and we can help you clean the chapel for a year :) Love you guys!

Unknown said...

We'll miss you guys. That's so sad about Tucker. Poor dog.