Thursday, March 31, 2011

Our Newest Addition

Isn't he adorable?! True, I am biased.
So on March 7th I went to my doc appt (being just a couple days over 38 weeks) around 2:30pm. I was dilated to a 3 the week prior so hoping that our little guy would be coming soon. But I did not expect my doc to walk in to my room and say, "Well you were at a 3 last week so I'll check you and if you're at a 4 or more we'll just send you over to the hospital to be induced because I don't want you walking around dilated that much." He checked me and I was at a 4+ and having some good contractions. So his nurse called to see if they could induce me the following day, but the hospital was completely booked. My doc was headed out of town in the next couple days and didn't want me to end up having the baby while he was gone, so the hospital asked if I could be there in an hour. I definitely was NOT expecting that! So we did it! I called Greg and told him we would be having a baby that night. He met me at my parents (where my Mom and sister Court were watching Dax) and we put Dax in his carseat. Greg dropped me off at the hospital and dropped Dax off at his parents house then met me back at the hospital.

I told my Mom and Court they were welcome to join us in the delivery room so they headed on over after dropping Peyton at her aunt's house. It was a party! (Wish you could have been there to join us, Chantel!)
I got my IV put in and finally an hour later they started me on the pitocin and penicillin cause I was GBS positive this go around. That stuff is nasty and burns your arm!
I got my epidural at 6:30pm and then come 10pm it was time to start pushing.
Boston Samuel arrived at 10:08pm after only one push!
He came out with only one short little cry so the doc waited a minute to have Greg cut the umbilical cord. He let out another little cry and that was about it. He opened his eyes and looked around and was sucking on everything from the get-go. He has been a champ at eating!

He weighed in at 6 lbs 6 oz and was 18 1/2 inches long.
Daddy giving him his first bath.

Check out those LONG rabbit feet!

What a good big brother Dax is. He was so excited to come to the hospital to see me and loved holding his little brother.

We only had to stay one day and then were able to leave the next. The birth this time around was so much easier and went so much smoother than the first. My labor was only about 6-7hrs vs 14 with Dax.
Boston is such a sweetheart and so mellow. It has been such a blessing!
We sure love him and find it hard to remember him not being in our home.

14 comments:

Merrells said...

So exciting and such a doll! Congratulations and glad everything went well!!!

Karilyn Carreon said...

Congratulations! He is perfect! And you looked GREAT after delivery! Wow! That was my big thing i told Jon NOT to take any pictures of me, just Eli! :)

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness!!! He is so stinkin cute!!!!! You did great, Brit! I can't believe how lucky you were and how tiny he is. So cute! Happy things are going well. Babies are the best :)

Kara said...

How sweet! I love birthing stories, sounds like it went pretty smoothly. I'm so glad you have a happy healthy boy! :) Congtrats

Caytlin said...

He's so perfect! Can't wait to meet the little guy!!

Elaine said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful!

The Ballash Blog said...

How cute! He looked so cute in his big car seat with his little leggings!

You looked great in those pictures too!

We are so excited to meet him in a month and a half!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake and Denae said...

congrats brit!! Ive been waiting for your post! So So cute!! I love him already! Miss you... lets get together soon:)

We Rock Well said...

Congrats Greg & Brit! I'm so excited for your little family. The pictures are wonderful, thank you for sharing them!

Tamra said...

Congrats Brit! Thanks for posting all the pics! I loved seeing cute little Boston (what a tiny little guy!) Can't wait to meet him one of these days!! :)

McNett Family Blog said...

He is adorable

jessica&john.com said...

Looking at this post again just made me baby hungry! He is such a doll. And I swear, You make child birth look so easy! So not fair!

Unknown said...

I can not begin to describe you how lucky you are. You have a beaufiful family, thank you for sharing such information, not to the mention the photos.

man with van in London

sky customer service number said...

Your baby looks very lovely and thanks for pics.I like it very much. I want you to visit the link below to get some useful info like sky customer service number