Saturday, December 18, 2010

27 Weeks


It's crazy to believe that I'm already 27 weeks along with this pregnancy. Things are going pretty good. Just a couple days ago my hips started really aching and feel like they are coming out of the sockets at times. I got up a couple nights ago with Dax and could barely walk to his room! I definitely don't remember dealing with this with Dax. My ribs burn all the time and I have reflux (yuck), but overall I feel pretty good. It's definitely harder being pregnant the second time around when you've got a 2 yr old to entertain, chase, and discipline while already feeling exhausted!
It's so exciting to me that I'm in my 3rd trimester already! I have a doc appt at the beginning of Jan and then my doc said we'll be starting our appts every 2 weeks. Wow! That came really quickly! It's all sneaking up so fast! I have so many projects lined up that I have been working on and I am enjoying every minute of it.
Last night I took a bath and the little guy was moving and rolling around so much that it reminded me of that scene from the movie "Alien". I love how much he moves and the constant reminder of events to come. We finally decided on a name for this boy...Boston Samuel. I can't wait to see what he looks like!
My latest project is getting the boys' room put together. Dax and Boston will share a room...I'm a little nervous to see how that goes. My parents gave us my little brothers' old bunk bed and we got a mattress for it the other day. Dax is so thrilled about having a ladder on his bed and being able to climb up to his bed to sleep in at night. Tonight I converted the toddler bed back into a crib and it made me giddy! Daxton's bed is on the left of the room and the crib is on the right side of the room. I am doing their room in tan, navy blue, a turqoise-green blue color, and orange. I found the cutest fabric and have been making pillows, a blanket for the baby's bed, and will start on curtains soon. Plus a changing pad cover to match. Oh, and bumper pads. Don't worry, I will be sure to post it all when it is complete and put together. I love decorating....Eek!

7 comments:

michellecluff said...

wow! you've been busy, girl!
i can relate to this post on SO many levels it's a bit ridiculous. hooray for projects and being the the ever-so-uncomfortable 3rd trimester!!! we can do this, we can do this...
can't wait to see all the cute things you've been working on. you look amazing!!!

The Ballash Blog said...

Oh my goodness you look great! I miss you guys:(
I'm excited to see how everything is going to look in the boys room! Oh and I think Boston is adorable! Good choice:)

Jaeme + Randy said...

Wow, 27 weeks! Love the name. Its actually one of our favorites for a girl but with a little different spelling haha.

Brooke said...

I love the name! Can't wait to see the room when you're finished!

Tamra said...

Brit you are so stinkin' CUTE!! :) Love the belly shot!!! I can't wait to see how the room turns out! Good luck with your last trimester.

shereesa said...

Hey how the heck are you?! I feel like it's been forever! I can't believe you are starting on kid number two. So where are you guys living now? Give me some updates e-mail me at shereesa@yahoo.com

Kara said...

How exciting! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas :)